Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Bag Lady

Bag lady you gone hurt your back
Dragging all them bags like that
I guess nobody ever told you
All you must hold on to
Is you, is you, is you


Erykah Badu

My co-worker calls me the bag lady. And it's funny because he's so right. I always carry at least two bags--my purse and a workbag. Today, I had four bags--my purse, a workbag, my lunch bag, and another bag to carry a large box of software. Do I really need all this stuff I lug to and from work everyday? Probably not. I'm not into making new years' resolutions, but I'll make this one (with my new year beginning tomorrow... who am I kidding? more like next week). I'm going to stop carrying around so much damn baggage. And if carrying less bags physically will somehow translate into carrying less bags emotionally, then I'm all for it.
This entry was posted in .

3 comments:

Shelia Worthy said...

Oh I can relate!! I'm too embarassed to tell you how many bags I lug to and fro everyday. :) I even leave (blank number) in the truck also!! I'm with you, gotta get rid of some of this damn baggage!!!

Cole Wynter said...

Bag Lady need to put down some bags and do some bloggin'...

Brooklyn Wright said...

You're right. Here goes.... 12/29