Friday, March 24, 2006

Words of Wisdom from Miss Maya about Married Men

They Went Home

They went home and told their wives,
that never once in all their lives,
had they known a girl like me,
But...They went home.

They said my house was licking clean,
no word I spoke was ever mean,
I had an air of mystery,
But...They went home.

My praises were on all men's lips,
they liked my smile, my wit, my hips,
they'd spend one night, or two or three.
But...

--Maya Angelou

I think the poem speaks for itself. For all of my sisters who ever thought about getting involved with a married man, remember at the end of the day, he's going home. Take care of you.
This entry was posted in .

2 comments:

Shelia Worthy said...

Hmmm...very interesting, very interesting indeed.

Cole Wynter said...

That's like a poem I wrote once about sex. Or rather, in retrospect allowing the women to control the sexual experience (though this was not what was in the forefront of my mind when I wrote it). So when are you going to write something?