Monday, November 14, 2005

Workplace Politics

You can't avoid them. No matter where you work or what you do. You will inevitably have to deal with them. So, don't forget to put on your "whole armour" everyday before you leave the house.

Most days I listen to the radio or a cd in my car on the way to work. Some days when I'm not so self-concious about who may be watching me from nearby cars on the road, I sing along. It's at least a 35-minute commute. By the time I arrive at work, I'm bouncing along and as happy as a lark (my mother used to say that a lot when I was younger). No matter how happy or motivated I am to avoid the b.s., I usually run into someone very early in the day who's hell bent on feeding me a truck load of crap.

Like today for instance... My co-worker and I were told week before last by our old supervisor that we had to move out of our spacious office into another one on the second floor which is half the size. We were told that we didn't have a choice. Then last week, our new supervisor per her supervisor told us not to move . Well, lo and behold, this morning, we were given boxes for our impending move. What the...?

So, I asked the question, "Do we still need these?"

A deadpan look, "For your move?

"Yes." My response.

"Yes." Another deadpan look.

"We were told not to move." My response.

"By whom?" Continued deadpan look.

"Ummm, by our supervisor, per her supervisor."

"Well, take the boxes and I'll make a phone call and let you know."

All I can say is "whole armour." If you're not familiar with what that means and if you don't mind reading the Bible, check it out here - Ephesians 6:10-20.
This entry was posted in .

0 comments: